Painted closet doors


I know what you're thinking: "Is she seriously blogging about painting a bi-fold door?"
Yes, yes I am.

Sure, closet doors aren't all that exciting when you have them. But imagine that you've been staring at a mess of your husband's clothes and a basket of dirty laundry for the past 9 months, and now you have a way to hide those things behind a door. Closet doors are suddenly more exciting than all-you-can-eat sushi.

When we moved in, our bedroom had lots of closet space (yay!), but no doors (boo!). I found them stacked in our garage. So, this is what I've been doing most evenings (door #3 from last night):


Each one takes two coats of primer and 3-4 coats of paint, which has taken me through all three seasons of The United States of Tara and several episodes of the new 90210 (don't judge, netflix.ca's tv selection is severely lacking). I picked up replacement hardware to hang the door (around $10 per door at Home Depot), which I was able to do all by myself (I heart my powerdrill). I also added new knobs:


Still can't imagine yourself jumping for joy over a closet door? Here's a little before and after:


I still have to finish painting and hanging the doors for my closet (it's a double, woo hoo!), but progress is a huge motivator (and I've got two more seasons of 90210 to get through).


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts