Finishing touches

The trim is painted and Adam started teaching out of his basement studio yesterday! I still need to snap a few progress photos (soon - I promise!) and there are some finishing touches to take care of too. My mom is giving us a wooden bookshelf that will hold Adam's stereo, music books, papers, etc. but we still need to pick up some containers to organize all his 'stuff'. He also needs a proper desk area, some art for the walls would be nice, and we're planning to have a large piece of carpet cut so we can turn it into an over-sized area rug.   

1 - Aluminum top writing desk. I love the look of this desk and I think it's tough enough to handle life in a drum studio. 
2 - Painted tin cans. I spotted these on DIY planters on Pinterest, but I think they'd look just as cute holding pens, pencils or drumsticks. I'm definitely going to try my hand at making these.
3 - Storage boxes. Adam goes through a lot of paper. These boxes are the perfect way to hide the mess while still keeping it within easy reach.
4 - Magazine file. A great way to store music books and our growing collection of New Yorker magazines, which Adam likes to read in-between lessons.
5 - I'd love to frame some of Adam's band's best album art and show posters to hang on the walls.

Have you put the finishing touches on any home improvement projects lately? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts