Lentil & Brown Rice Soup

{perfect winter fare: lentil & brown rice soup, grilled cheese and coffee}

When friends of ours moved to Alberta recently, they turned the contents of their pantry over to us (can I just mention how much it SUCKS that so many of our friends have left Nova Scotia in search of greener pastures?!). We ended up with a pretty decent supply of lentils (they're fellow vegetarians), so I went in search of some new and tasty ways to use them. I found this recipe for lentil and brown rice soup and decided to give it a try.

Normally, I'm not a fan of brown rice. I know it's good for you, but I find it too dense to be enjoyable and as a grown-ass woman, I've decided I don't have to eat things I don't like any more. So there! We inherited some brown rice in the pantry-gifting, however, so I had to give it another go (apparently I will eat things I don't like if the alternative is wasting them). And you know what? It was actually good (in this soup, anyway). The soup itself was delicious. Perfect comfort food on a cold winter day.

Try it here.

P.S. One more thing - the recipe makes a TON of soup, so you may want to cut it in half. We ended up freezing some and it was just as yummy as a freezer meal. Maybe better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts