West Elm inspired planter {DIY}

Our living room was feeling pretty empty without the Christmas tree, so I picked up a giant tropical plant to take its place. I think it was around $12 and it came in a big black plastic pot. Better than your usual grocery store planter, but still pretty plain. I was looking for a way to dress it up when I spotted these planters on West Elm's site:

via
Worst case scenario I was trashing a big plastic pot, so I decided to try DIY-ing my own version with a little paint. I used painter's tape to mark my line, brushed on two coats of Sico's Inkling (the same colour we used on the walls in Hannah's nursery), and removed the tape while my paint was still wet. As soon as my paint was dry, I sprayed the whole thing with Rustoleum's clear gloss spray.



Not quite as glossy as the West Elm version (I may add another coat of clear gloss spray), but not bad for $0 and a half-hour's work (not including drying time).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts