No-sew ribbon trim

Thanks for all your sweet comments about our nursery plans - and for your changing table suggestions! There's so much conflicting information out there about what to buy that it can feel totally overwhelming, so I really appreciate hearing from you about what worked for your family :)

After Danielle posted this gorgegous home tour on her blog yesterday, I was immediately inspired by the black trim detail on the sofa:

spotted here
What an easy way to add some interest to my newly-slipcovered ottoman...

{before, this boring white slipcover needed some dressing up}
So I bought a roll of black grosgrain ribbon and broke out my trusty glue gun...

{after, with a little more oomph}


For the top, I simply folded the ribbon over at each corner and secured it with a small dab of glue. Since my slipcover had rounded corners, this approach worked best for me, but there are lots of other ways you could do it.


And just for fun, here's a little side-by-side comparison:


So, do you have any projects planned for the weekend? A huge Happy Mother's Day to all the mommas out there - enjoy your special day!

Linked up to

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts