Trim it out

Thanks for all your answers to my empty frame question - it's nice to know I'm not alone! I actually ordered a few photos yesterday, so those frames won't be empty for long.

To close out the week, I thought I'd share one more project from our master bedroom. Remember the bedside tables I bought at a yard sale last year?

{before}
I painted them and replaced the hardware and they lived in our bedroom like this until last week.

{painted with new hardware}
I had always planned to "finish" the nightstands by trimming out the bottom, but never got around to it. So when we ripped our bedroom apart to install the new flooring and baseboard, it seemed like the perfect time to tackle the nightstands too (what's one more project, right?).

The "gap" I wanted to cover was about 2" high. Unfortunately I couldn't find any matching trim, so we bought a piece of chair rail and trimmed off the excess (about 1/8") with our table saw. Then we used our miter saw to cut three pieces to length (two pieces for the sides and one for the front), making angled cuts for the corners. I used finish nails to attach the pieces to the nightstand, then caulked the seams and painted everything to finish it off. 

{with new trim}

{don't mind the gap: old house = uneven floors}

MUCH better, no? While I'm loving the new trim, I'm thinking about switching up the hardware. I spotted some ceramic knobs in a gorgeous coral colour that I can't stop thinking about, so I'm not calling this an "after" yet.

I hope everyone has a great weekend - and a great Memorial Day Weekend if you're in the US!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts