2012 Home Goals



When I heard about The Nester's Home Goals Linky Party, I thought it would be a great opportunity to figure out what I want to accomplish in the year ahead. I started making a list of all the projects I'm hoping to check off my list, then decided to really focus on my goals for my home this year instead. So here they are, in no particular order:

De-clutter

I mentioned earlier that my garage looks like an episode of Hoarders right now, so this goal is a BIG one. I want to be able to look around my home and only see things I love, even if that means a lot of empty space (hey, I've got a limited budget). And hopefully by getting rid of things we don't want or don't need, we'll not only make space for the things we do, but also find it easier to figure what those things are (see my next goal). I have a feeling I'll realize and appreciate how much I already have, too.

Slow Down

I'm definitely guilty of putting pressure on myself to create the perfect room, the perfect home RIGHT NOW. Especially since I started blogging. Even if I could afford to run out and buy everything I want, I don't think I'd end up with the home I really want that way (if anyone wants to give me a bunch of money so I can test my theory - I'm in!). Rushing seems to lead to regrets. I can't tell you how many times I've rushed out to the store to buy something, only to realize that my room still doesn't look the way I want it to. Which leads to me rushing out to buy more stuff and now you're probably starting to understand why my garage is overflowing with crap. I know it will be difficult (for me), but I'm going to try to slow down this year and really think about what I want my home to look and function like, and what I need to do to make my home one I love.

Prioritize

I'm a chronic multi-tasker and I don't mean that in a good way. In trying to do everything, it's hard to do anything really well. It also leaves me feeling like every room in our house is unfinished, whereas focusing on one room or one project at a time would give me a place to escape to when the rest of the house is feeling particularly chaotic. So this year I'm going to try to focus on one room at a time, one project at a time.

What are your home goals this year?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts