Hello 2012!

Happy New Year and Welcome Back! I hope you're already enjoying 2012, despite the apocalypse waiting around the corner :) It feels like forever since I've logged into blogger and I admit that I missed you all terribly. I can't wait to catch up on my blog reading and find out what everybody's been up to!

As for me, I got to spend some time catching up with family and friends, making a few teaks to the house, and entertaining my nephews while Adam, his brother and pretty much anyone else we could trick into coming over toiled away on our basement makeover. Nothing makes you appreciate your friends and family quite like home improvement, eh? The exterior walls are framed, drywall is up, mudding and taping has begun, and we've got some new lights and outlets to boot. We've decided to keep the ceiling exposed, so the plan is to paint everything the same colour and embrace the industrial look. Which means we get to buy a paint sprayer! Yup, can't wait.

There are still a few steps before we get to painting - like choosing a colour - but I'll have some 'before' and 'progress' shots to share soon. In the meantime, here are a few updated pictures of our living room and the new office area I'm creating behind the couch (I've got a filing cabinet makeover to share with you tomorrow). I started vacuuming the living room rug one afternoon and ended up rearranging the entire room. Please tell me I'm not alone here.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts