More living room tweaks

I'm trying to slow down this year and focus on one room at a time, starting with my living room. I've been making a lot of tweaks to it lately, but I can't seem to get it right (it doesn't help that I hate our couch and Adam has vetoed replacing it for now). Thank goodness for Pinterest. I looked back at the inspiration for my colour palatte and compared it to my room. The rug needed to go.

I actually love the rug, it just wasn't right for the living room. Oh, and there's the part where our dog thinks area rugs = dog toilets. I know. I can see the rug as part of a future outdoor seating area, so I'm holding onto it for now. With the rug gone, the room feels a little bare, but I'm convinced it was the right decision. I also decided to re-paint the frame of the couch. It had already gone from espresso to black, but this time I decided to go from black to white.



Like I said, not having an area rug feels weird, but it's better than having the wrong one, right? I also did some Etsy shopping and ordered two new pillow covers for the couch...

via
And several yards of white canvas. The plan is to make a permanment slipcover for the chair in our living room, using my first attempt as a template. Oh, and I'm going to fancy this one up with a little piping. Some simple changes, but I think I'm on the right track!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts