A Dollar & Some Change {Actually Just Change}

Winter is my mostest unfavorite time of the year.
The cold makes my muscles hurt.
The bareness of the landscape makes my eyeballs hurt.
The freezing cold water in the pool makes my fingers hurt.

I guess I combat this dislike by turning my eyes, muscles and fingers indoors.
I start to move furniture.
Switch things from room to room.
Plank walls.

You know how it goes.
{or maybe you don't. Just nod and smile then)

The boys bathroom was my first room to hone in on.
{Oh yes, there is more than one room getting the winter treatment)
When we first moved here I was all beachy and bright.
I got tired of beachy real quick.
Good thing I spent no money on it.
(By the way, you will see some "new" items in my Etsy store soon due to my redecorating)

Here is the way things are turning these days...


I painted the First Aid sign as a start to my never ending journey of decorating.
And redecorating.


The stool was from the goodwill.
It looked like it had been sitting in a germy old doctors office.
I painted it. Scuffed it. Sanded it. Treated the wood to make it look old.
(will be sharing more on that in another post)
The basket on the toilet holds an assortment of apothecary bottles and such.
All of that was gathered from my bedroom and other bathroom.


A little metal container I've had for years now holds extra rags.


I used a feedsack as a curtain.


A metal bucket holds their many toothbrushes.
What?
You're kids don't own a toothbrush for each tooth?
I love finding stuff around the house and sticking it in a new spot.
Makes it feel brand (old) again!

You can see what the bathroom used to look like here!


I also want to thank Houzz for featuring me here and here.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts