family road trip survival kit

With the school holidays almost here I am thinking of road trips and how best to survive them.  Its all in the planning, lots of stops and lots of distractions.   With distraction in mind I have put together a road trip kit that will keep kids occupied by something other than the iPad.  They are really pretty too, I do love stationary!
  • Twist It crayons - my absolute favourite crayons.  No more broken halves and they seem to be lovely and soft for drawing.  {Available at Officeworks}
  • A note book for each child - for drawing or doodling, sticking and pasting
  • A cute pencil case for keeping the pencils together  {notebook & case from kikki.K}





  • Road trip bingo - great fun to play and keeps kids engaged with the passing scenery {I got mine at Ikke - watch out for their website which will be up soon}
  • Usborne activity books - fabulous puzzle and colouring books that have the right one for every age.  I have these at home and both my kids love them {Usborne}
  • Tote bag to keep all the travel kit inside. {tote bag and pencils from kikki.K}


  • On road trips with my grandparents as a child we would play a word game with the number plates of cars we passed.  The rules are to make a word with all the letters in the number plate, better if the letters are in order, and the shortest word wins.  Lots of fun and we play it still.

    Any road trip secrets to share?  


    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Total Pageviews

    Blog Archive

    Popular Posts