Sunday Night Inspiration | What a Gift!





I know it's really late on this Sunday so for this week we'll call this the "Sunday Night-Monday Morning Inspiration". We've had a full weekend of sports and time with friends. Lots of laughing, wrestling, talking, praying, dreaming...and thinking.

Today while I was out for a bit I had the opportunity to bless some really special friends of ours with an anniversary gift. I wasn't stumped one bit when I thought about what to get them for their anniversary. As a matter of fact, the choices were abundant but I settled on a sweet quote throw pillow for their bedroom and some gourmet dark chocolate salted caramels for the two of them to share. While there was no slim picking, I was pretty particular about the items I purchased. I wanted them to be just right. It was, after all, their 14th anniversary.

Anyone who knows me knows that one of my love languages is "gifts".
{Admittedly, it's probably number one, eh hm.} And while receiving them is fun, no doubt, giving them for me is just as amazing. I love it!

Today, as the lady at the shop packaged everything up for me I felt the excitement growing as I thought about the look on our friends' faces when they opened up the gift we'd purchased for them. I couldn't take it...the excitement continued to build and the time that passed from the time of purchase to the glorious opening was approximately...five. long. hours.
 
There is, of course, a reason that I share the details of my day and the thrill I get each and every time I have the opportunity to give to someone I know or a stranger a gift.
 
Today, as I drove home from the mall I and thought about WHY I was SO excited to give and why in the world enjoy it so much.
I was then reminded of the amazing Gift Giver Himself...Jesus.
The ultimate exchange...thje ultimate sacrifice.
 
He {Jesus}has given us a great gift. As a matter of fact, it's the greatest of all. Life.
 
Real. True. Pure. Full. Blessed. Abundant...LIFE.  
 
And why do we give? Because He did and He does. Why do I get so excited about giving? Well, because He does. Don't believe me?

He gave...
After supper He took another cup of wine and said, "This cup is the new covenant between God and His people-an agreement confirmed with my blood, which is poured out as a sacrifice for you. -Luke 22:20

And He loves doing it...even more than me...or you.
If your little girl asks for an egg, do you trick her with a spider? As bad as you are, you wouldn’t think of such a thing—you’re at least decent to your own children. And don’t you think the Father who conceived you in love will give the Holy Spirit when you ask him?” -Luke 11:13
 
He thought about you then, thinks about you and me now and planned our great destinies...
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, {Yup, He was thinking of you even then} that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons... -Ephesians 1:3-5
 
Not only does He think about us, love us, cheer for us, comfort us...He is purposeful and thoughtful in His giving of gifts and He has given us GREAT PURPOSE to, through Him, live an empowered life with open hands and hearts that are willing to give just because He did.
 
 
 
Let the adventure begin,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts